In today’s modern world, many of us are so obsessed with technology that it may seem like a wristwatch has no place. However, wristwatches remain the standard by which we measure personality, convenience and, of course, time. Designing and creating your own watch case will say much about you!
Students will design a mechanical watch case using a 3D CAD software of choice and Twinmotion. In the process, students will:
- Learn about design sketching for developing original designs.
- Incorporate 2D & 3D CAD modelling to formalize final designs.
- With Twinmotion, transform CAD models into photorealistic presentations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of form and function, drafting, and drawing principles.
- Develop and test hypotheses while engaging in the iterative design process.
Students will be able to:
- Identify and apply the steps in the design process.
- Gather and apply information pertinent to design planning.
- Plan and organize the project.
- Create concept and scaled sketches of design ideas.
- Use appropriate design tools to create CAD drawings and full-scale, 3D-printed models.
- Produce photorealistic render images with Twinmotion.
- Report and reflect on their experience with the design process using a suitable oral and/or written format.
Grade 12 (Ages 13+)
Explore more lesson plans