Choices matter, and when it comes to history, they are sometimes the difference between success and failure, life and death. But what would have happened if different choices were made? How would these new choices have changed the course of history?
In this lesson, students will be asked to present a counterfactual history. They will select a story or period relevant to their learning, consider alternative scenarios for that story, write a script, and present an alternative reality in Fortnite for their story to unfold. Extension activities abound in this lesson, with the opportunity to use video and audio to take their stories to the next level in game.
Students will be able to:
- Explain in some detail a critical decision made in world history.
- Describe the context and questions related to this important decision.
- Detail alternative paths that could have been taken.
- Demonstrate the outcome of an alternative path.
- Use a digital medium (Fortnite Creative) to create a world that reflects the alternative path.
Explore more lesson plans