If you missed out on the previous Shorts India Program where 100 VFX creators and animators from around India showcased their skills in real-time filmmaking, then today’s your lucky day. The 2023 Shorts India Program is your opportunity to take part in another round of what’s sure to result in some amazing animation. Read on to see how you could win up to $20,000 in prize money and more!
For full terms and conditions, view the Terms & Conditions.
Program supported by:
Select candidates will:
- Go through a seven-week Unreal Engine training period, gaining creative mentorship from Kireet Khurana and Suresh Eriyat while previsualizing their short film.
- Get special mentoring sessions with filmmaker S.S. Rajamouli.
- Get four weeks to iterate and refine their short-form animation content (three to seven minutes in length) created in Unreal Engine 5.
- Be eligible for prizes and awards:
- The winning entry will receive $20,000 in prize money, and $10,000 will be awarded for second place.
- Movella Xsens will award the first-prize winner one complimentary full-body Awinda MoCap system with an annual Animate Pro software license, valued at €18,000. All other shortlisted candidates will receive a 25% discount on Animate Pro software license, when purchasing any Movella Xsens MoCap hardware systems.
Why should I take part?
Shortlisted candidates will receive hands-on training and guidance from the Unreal Engine team and Green Rain Studios.
Shortlisted candidates will receive hands-on training and guidance from the S. S. Rajamouli, Kireet Khurana, and Suresh Eriyat.
RETAIN ALL RIGHTS
You keep all the rights to your Unreal Engine short. We just want to promote it!
FREE ACCESS TO TECHNOLOGY
Unreal Engine and Movella Xsens motion capture technology are complimentary to all shortlisted candidates for the duration of the program.
GLOBAL INDUSTRY EXPOSURE
Winners will be selected by an industry jury, and candidates will have a chance to showcase their work on Unreal Engine’s global blog and social media channels.
If you have outstanding questions, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Has prior experience creating high-quality CGI animation or VFX content
- Has a team with direction, writing, storyboarding, editing, sound design, 3D animation, 3D asset creation, and production management capabilities
- Has a story narrative outline that you can pitch in 300 words or less
- If a studio, is an Indian-registered entity