April 1, 2019
Unreal Engine at NAB 2019: The latest in real-time software
StudioXperience Booth #SL3824Visit the Unreal Engine team in the StudioXperience Booth #SL3824 during show floor hours Monday April 8 - Thursday April 11. See the latest UE broadcast technology integrations and workflows, and check out the newly released Unreal Engine 4.22 and its powerful new features for content creators, including ray tracing and a host of virtual production tools.
StudioXperience InterviewsSteve Waskul of Waskul Entertainment will be interviewing leaders from the UE team each day live from the StudioXperience booth #SL3824, to be broadcast on Waskul.TV. Check out the interview schedule and topics below:
- Monday April 8, 2 PM PDT
- Kim Libreri, Chief Technology Officer: Game Engine Tech
- Tuesday April 9, 1 PM PDT
- Andy Blondin, Technical Product Manager: Broadcast Features
- Wednesday April 10, 3:30 PM PDT
- David Morin, Head of LA Lab: Industry Tech
- Thursday April 11, 12 PM PDT
- Ryan Mayeda, Technical Product Manager: VFX Pipeline
StudioXperience Presentation ScheduleUnreal Engine users from across the broadcasting industry will be presenting their stories and use cases live from the StudioXperience booth #SL3824 each day:
- Monday April 8, 11 AM PDT: The Weather Channel
- The weather is changing. Michael Potts, Vice President of Design for the Weather Group, discusses the journey to transform weather presentation using immersive mixed reality at The Weather Channel. Take a tour of the experiences developed over the last year, and get a peek at where the weather will take audiences next.
- Monday April 8, 11:30 AM PDT: GIRRAPHIC
- GIRRAPHIC delivers creative package designs to the broadcast community, drawing from the newest technological innovations. Join Grant Werle, US General Manager, to learn why Unreal Engine has become a beneficial necessity in the virtual services industry.
- Tuesday April 9, 11 AM PDT: NFL Network/Capacity
- Benji Thiem and Alex Kintner from Capacity and Patrick Lee from NFL Network teamed up last season to develop a virtual set using Unreal Engine for NFL Network’s RedZone Channel, a live broadcast featuring every touchdown from every Sunday afternoon game. They will discuss the development of the virtual set, including design strategies and technical configurations they used in its successful launch.
- Tuesday April 9, 11:30 AM PDT: FOX Sports
- Using Unreal Engine, FOX Sports launched a brand new virtual set this past February. In this discussion, Zac Fields, Senior VP of Technology & Graphic Integration, will go through a general overview of what it took to bring their NASCAR virtual set to air.
- Wednesday April 10, 11 AM PDT: Myreze
- Myreze is a Norway-based international broadcast design company with a focus on branding, real-time graphics, and opening titles for film and TV. Join Bjorn Myreze, Founder & CEO, as he discusses their uses of Unreal Engine, including developing a virtual concert with one of Norway’s most famous singers.
- Wednesday April 10, 11:30 AM PDT: Sneaky Big
- Features, functionality, and flexibility. Ben Grafchik, Director of Business Development, details the technology integral to building the virtual set behind the AAF’s Studio Show, Alliance All-Access. Learn how the power of the Unreal Engine allowed the AAF and Sneaky Big to create a one-of-a-kind mixed reality environment that allows talent to deliver storylines and analysis never seen before to the at-home viewer.
Industry Talks at the Show
- Tuesday April 9, 2:00-2:30PM, Room N1522
- Epic Games Technical Product Manager Andy Blondin will present “Blurring the Lines Between Games, Film and Television: Epic Games Case Study.”
NAB Emmy Awards
- Sunday April 7, 6 PM, Wynn Encore Ballroom
- Epic Games has been announced as an honoree of the first Technology and Engineering Emmy for Unreal Engine in the 2017-2018 category, “3D Engine Software for the Production of Animation.” Epic Games CTO Kim Libreri will accept the Emmy statue at the 70th Annual Science & Technology Emmy Awards hosted by the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.
Unreal Engine Partner Booths
A range of Unreal Engine integration partners will be exhibiting at NAB, several of whom will showcase virtual production and real-time broadcast workflows. Those partners include: AJA Video Systems, ARWall/AMD, Avid, Blackmagic Design, Bluefish 444, Brainstorm, ChyronHego, Maxon, MoSys, ncam, NewTek, Pro Cyc, Ross Video, Stype, The Future Group, wTVision, Vizrt, Zero Density along with many other customers featured in panels and presentations during the week.
Planning to attend the 2019 NAB Show? Don’t forget to register here and grab more details. We’ll see you at the show!