Unreal PresentsWhere: Round Bar near our A1/A2 booth
When: From Wednesday, May 22, 11:00 AM onwards
The Unreal Presents showcase is your chance to see some amazing UE4 games currently under development in Scandinavia, Germany, and the UK. Come and get an early look at this curated set of not-yet-published games with a wide range of styles and themes including multiplayer battles, futuristic journeys, Norse magic, mystery “Fjord Noir,” and old-school adventure.
After a private viewing for publishers and investors, the Unreal Presents showcase is open to all conference attendees starting at 11 AM on Wednesday, May 22. Games from the following indie studios will be on display:
- Angry Demon Studio - Apsulov: End Of Gods - A single-player, first-person game that takes an adventure approach to horror, featuring a future viking theme and Norse magic, set in a sci-fi universe with memorable settings.
- Bagpack Games - Out of Place - A single-player, third-person action adventure in which young Simon, with the help of his Orb companion, must reactivate an ancient machine using dynamic play style to ultimately overcome fear and take action for a better world.
- Digital Cybercherries - Hypercharge: Unboxed - A first-person turret, trap, and defense-building game in which players take up arms as toy soldiers and battle solo or with up to three friends, online or in local co-op, to protect the Hyper-Core.
- Dimfrost Studio - Bramble - The Mountain King - A story-focused, single-player game based on dark Nordic folklore. Impressive, realistic visuals intensify epic monster battles between a small boy and ominous mythical creatures.
- Frogsong Studios - Deconstruction Corp - A four-player, co-op dungeon crawler in which elevators plunge players to the depths of an artificial planet where they must scavenge scraps to bring back to the surface.
- Invisible Walls - Cainwood (working title) - A third-person cooperative game about trust, deceit, and survival in which a player is hiding their true identity, and in the shadows conducts unsavory deeds that actively work against your common goal of escaping the terrible predicament you are in.
- Red Thread Games - Draugen - A single-player, first-person psychological "Fjord Noir" mystery set in 1920s Norway in which an American traveler and his ward embark on a dark search for his missing sister.
- Sluggerfly - Hell Pie - A single-player platformer in which the player uses an extensive set of swing-based moves to explore a combination of twisted worlds and levels while fighting enemies, collecting weird cake ingredients, and interacting with bizarre characters.
Here’s the schedule for the Unreal Engine talks:
Unreal Engine Talks
Tech Talk: Ray Tracing using Unreal Engine 4
Wednesday, May 22, 2:15 PM - 3:00 PM, Room Copenhagen
As of Unreal Engine 4.22, Unreal’s renderer supports the new DXR API for real-time ray tracing. During this session, you will see how to light a visually appealing environment using the new ray-tracing features in UE4. Through a game-focused practical example, Epic’s Sjoerd De Jong will show how to control ray tracing in your scenes, discuss benefits and drawbacks to real-time ray tracing, and cover tips on performance, all focused on helping you make a smooth start with this amazing new tech.
Tech Talk: Demystifying Niagara
Wednesday, May 22, 3:15 PM - 4:00 PM, Room Copenhagen
An incredibly customizable system, Niagara gives artists and designers unprecedented control over real-time VFX and particle simulation. This talk focuses on demystifying the new toolset, giving an overview of key concepts and the practicalities of making effects.
Fireside chat with Epic Games and The Bearded Ladies
Thursday, May 23, 3:15 PM - 4:00 PM, Unreal Theater
Please join Mike Gamble, Head of Games Licensing EMEA, and Halli Thormundsson, David Skarin, and Mark Parker of The Bearded Ladies for a light-hearted and engaging chat about their company, its culture, and, of course, their outstanding UE4 title Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden.
Unreal MixerWe’ll also be hosting a mixer for UE4 users (and those who want to be!) on Wednesday, May 22, 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM, at Skeppsbron 2, Malmo.
Be sure to stop by and see us at our A1/A2 & B1 booth, and find out what’s happening with UE4!