Since acquiring Shave and a Haircut, Epic Games has made the v9.6 Maya plugin and associated shaders available on GitHub as both source code and compiled binaries. These are free for everyone to use under the Unreal Engine 4 EULA.
To download and install the software, follow these instructions:
- Create an Epic Games account (Epic will send you an email verification).
- Create a GitHub account with the same email address (GitHub will send you an email verification).
- Sign in to your Epic Games account, go to your profile and select PERSONAL.
- Select CONNECTED ACCOUNTS and select CONNECT under the GitHub icon.
- Follow the prompts to link your accounts.
- GitHub will send you an email from EpicTeamAdmin, inviting you to join EpicGames—accept this invitation.
- You should now see the Shave-And-A-Haircut repository on GitHub. The Installers folder contains the executables you’ll need to install the software.
If you already have access to the EpicGames repository on GitHub, you can use the link below to go straight to the Shave and a Haircut repository.
SHAVE AND A HAIRCUT ON GITHUB
Epic Games has no plans to update or maintain Shave & a Haircut 9.6 outside of offering the source code to the community, and this product is not actively supported. For peer to peer discussions around the product, please feel free to post to the Answerhub community.
A note on license terms: UE4 is 100% free (and royalty-free) for the creation of film and television content. For more information, read our FAQ.