Since acquiring Shave and a Haircut, Epic Games has made the v9.6 Maya plugin and associated shaders available on GitHub as both source code and compiled binaries. These are free for everyone to use under the Unreal Engine 4 EULA.
To download and install the software, follow these instructions:
- Create an Epic Games account (Epic will send you an email verification).
- Create a GitHub account with the same email address (GitHub will send you an email verification).
- Sign in to your Epic Games account, go to your profile and select PERSONAL.
- Select CONNECTED ACCOUNTS and select CONNECT under the GitHub icon.
- Follow the prompts to link your accounts.
- GitHub will send you an email from EpicTeamAdmin, inviting you to join EpicGames—accept this invitation.
- You should now see the Shave-And-A-Haircut repository on GitHub. The Installers folder contains the executables you’ll need to install the software.
If you already have access to the EpicGames repository on GitHub, you can use the link below to go straight to step 7.
SHAVE AND A HAIRCUT ON GITHUB
If you had previously purchased Shave and a Haircut and have further questions, you can contact email@example.com.
A note on license terms: UE4 is 100% free (and royalty-free) for the creation of film and television content. For more information, read our FAQ.