Our cloud services provider Amazon Web Computing is doing a system re-boot this weekend, and as a result some of Unreal Engine’s online services will be running slowly. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Here are the details:
We will experience rolling, short-duration outages and some slow connection times between the hours of 2:00am and 12:00pm (EDT) on Saturday, September 27th through Tuesday, September 30th.
- The Unreal Engine Launcher may be temporarily offline for short periods of time. In that event, users will receive a "503 Unable to Authenticate" message.
- Please access the Launcher using "Offline Mode" if you get this message.
- The Launcher Marketplace may also be temporarily offline for short periods.
- Account services on UnrealEngine.com and the forums are expected to have slow login times or be temporarily unable to log in. You may also get automatically logged out during this time.
- You can close your browser and try again in 20 minutes; in most cases this will correct the problem.
You will still be able to access your previously installed versions of the Unreal Engine. Our AnswerHub and Documentation sites are not expected to be affected by these outages.
These outages will be temporary blips; the launcher and website will be online at most points during the time periods affected, and should return to normal service on Wednesday, October 1st.
Thank you for your patience while this maintenance occurs. If you have specific questions or concerns, please visit the forum thread here.