Epic Games to Present Standout Indie Games at EGX 2014
Eight independent teams poise for public showing on the Unreal Engine stand along with UE4 Blueprint theater presentations
Following a fiercely fought submissions process, an exciting selection of Unreal Engine 4 games from eight independent development studios will be playable on Epic Games’ Unreal Engine stand at this year’s EGX London expo from September 25 to 28. In addition, Epic’s senior staff will be on hand to demonstrate the power of Unreal Engine 4’s Blueprint visual scripting in a theater adjacent to the indie game pods.
In March Epic launched the $19 subscription plan for Unreal Engine 4, and the games on display at EGX are some of the first titles to benefit from the new service.
“Considering many of these developers have only been working with UE4 for a few months, the results are sensational,” commented Mike Gamble, European Territory Manager, Epic Games. “I have no doubt these games will attract a lot of attention from both the players and the media. The quality of the talent is genuinely impressive.”
The games and teams selected are:
- Red:Out, a fast-paced racing game from 34BigThings. View pre-alpha gameplay footage.
- Eclipse, a multiplayer cat and mouse game via the Alacrity Falmouth startup program.
- Ether One by White Paper Games. Check out the trailer and visit the Steam page.
- Seek, an exploration game from Five Pixels. Watch the Dare to be Digital trailer.
- Pneuma: Breath of Life, a puzzler by Deco Digital and Bevel Studios. See Epic’s interview.
- Congo, a top down co-op survival game from The Innocent Devils, watch pre-alpha trailer.
- Tiki Galore, a tribal action game by Abyss Studios. Preview test gameplay.
- Pool Nation FX, a realistic pool playing simulator by Cherry Pop Games. See the E3 trailer.
About Unreal Engine
Developed by Epic Games, the award-winning Unreal Engine is known for world-class graphics, tools and scalability across PC, console, mobile, Web and VR. Unreal Engine technology is designed to accelerate developers’ productivity for creating high-quality games, applications, simulations, visualizations, digital films and more. To access UE4, visit www.unrealengine.com and follow @UnrealEngine.