Major Update for Robo Recall Released!Nick Donaldson on | Tags communitynewsvr
Today we’re pleased to release a new update for Robo Recall that brings 360 degree tracking and quite a few improvements to the game.
Big thanks to our community of modders who brought 360 teleportation and many other awesome additions to Robo Recall players within days of launch. Our compliments to the community-driven roborecallmods.com and roborecall.org sites!
To celebrate, we’re also releasing a new bonus music track, “Shooty Shooty Gun Hands,” which we hope you enjoy. We had hopes to finish the track in time for the game’s release and couldn’t quite get there, so as they say, better late than never!
Here’s our list of improvements and fixes shipping with today’s Robo Recall update:
- Added support for 360 tracking mode. Available in Settings → Tracking Options.
- Replaced ending credits music with “Shooty Shooty Gun Hands,” the masterpiece that came in too hot for launch.
- Improved and stabilized teleporting up onto ledges.
- Fixed a bug that caused crawlers to be wiggidy-wack when you grabbed them during one part of their "get up" sequence.
- Added more unique colors for high multiplier numbers. People are tearing it up on YouTube!
- Fixed a bug that caused flickering between LODs in a very narrow window.
- Made a few improvements for spectator leaderboard functionality.
- Fixed a small bug on the Holo-table that caused weapon dangly bits to misbehave upon dropping said weapon.
- Fixed “Whip Slam” damage scoring events and made damage scale with impact velocity.
- Made several audio performance improvements.
- Added fixes for font caching that wasn't working properly to eliminate hitches the first time unique text is rendered.
- Fixed bug where Boss VO wasn't being affected by VO volume settings.
- Fixed additional audio bugs.
- Spectator leaderboard now correctly states when player is in All Star Mode.
APRIL 6, 2017 UPDATE:
We received plenty of great feedback on the 360 tracking mode, and what we heard was that lots of people would like to keep directional teleporting in 360. Our latest update delivers this and now allows players to use the system to change their orientation rather than having to physically turn while also having full 360 tracking. Thanks for the feedback, and let us know what you think of the update!
- Based on feedback, we've added support for directional teleporting with 360 tracking.
- Added a "tracking settings" prompt that should show up one time, on the main menu, for people who have 3 trackers, or have 2 trackers pointing towards each other.
- Re-enabled some optimizations in the physical animation code that had been disabled during development.
- Removed half-finished text localization from the build, as it was accidentally being activated for some users.
- Improved the feedback for players who've stepped away from their "center" position.