Free Infinity Blade Collection Now Available in the Unreal Engine MarketplaceDana Cowley on | Tags communitymarketplacenews
On the heels of yesterday’s Apple Special Event, and with Infinity Blade III going free for the first time ever, there’s one more surprise in store: You can now download thousands of assets from our Infinity Blade Collection for free in the Marketplace!
This content represents a $3 million investment in art and sound design, and we can’t wait to see what you make with it.
ChAIR Entertainment Creative Director Donald Mustard joined today’s livestream to discuss creating Infinity Blade, one of the most successful mobile franchises to date. We had hinted that there would be a gift to the development community, and this is it.
You’re probably wondering what all is included for the production budget to amount to millions of dollars in content. It’s enough to make an awesome game! Here’s the TLDR on the 7,600 assets shipping in eight packs (all characters are compatible with our standard skeleton):
- Infinity Blade: Grass Lands is the earthy citadel adorned with stone set pieces and beautiful props.
- Infinity Blade: Ice Lands is the wintery fort set deep within a glacial enclave.
- Infinity Blade: Fire Lands is the radiant castle interior laced with unforgiving paths, dramatic props and flowing lava.
- Infinity Blade: Warriors includes loads of assets for crafting fierce heroes.
- Infinity Blade: Adversaries has even more content for a making wide variety of rivals.
- Infinity Blade: Effects gives you visual effects ranging from fire and smoke to lightning and magical reactions.
- Infinity Blade: Sounds includes thousands of raw audio files and sound cues. Update: We mistakenly included sound assets that Epic does not have the rights to distribute in the 'Infinity Blade: Sounds' pack. We've removed the pack from Marketplace as we investigate. We hope to update the content and make it available again. We are terribly sorry about this and apologize for any inconvenience it causes.
- Infinity Blade: Weapons presents a vast array of melee weaponry, including never-before-seen swords and axes and also a few Infinity Blade fan favorites.
Most of the content shipping today comes from Infinity Blade: Dungeons, which we made here at Epic and chose not to release. While it was a tough decision to make back then, the content is beautifully crafted, and we are happy for you to have it for free.
Use it in any Unreal Engine 4 project, no strings attached (it just needs to be in UE4, see info below). We succeed when you succeed.
There are special cameos from released games in the Infinity Blade series, including humorous weapons such as the finger, the lollipop, and the rubber chicken.
My personal favorite is the popular Cardboard Hero armor from Infinity Blade II: Vault of Tears.
Go forth and have a blast with all of these new toys! We’d love to see screenshots and videos of the content in action on Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and the forums.
Want to start building something playable right away? Consider taking part in our September Game Jam, the theme of which is “Live Deathless.”
CONTENT TERMS FAQ
Can I use the Infinity Blade Collection content in other engines?
This content is not permitted for use in non-Unreal Engine games.
What's up with that?
In the Marketplace Agreement, Epic is permitted to sublicense the Marketplace content pursuant to the Unreal Engine EULA. In the EULA, a Product is a product that is made using UE4 or that combines the Licensed Technology with any other software or content, regardless of how much or little of the Licensed Technology is used. Licensed Technology is defined to include Content, and Content includes Marketplace Content.
In layman's terms, please...
In other words, using Marketplace Content makes a product a Product. These assets can only be used in Unreal Engine 4 projects, with no exceptions.