The Unreal Audio System
Immerse your users with 3D location-based sound. Unreal Engine 3 supports all the latest audio compression schemes, including Ogg Vorbis, and gives you complete control over pitch, levels, looping, filtering, modulation and randomization.
Broad Audio Support
Unreal Engine 3 is designed to give developers creative freedom and total control over sound design.
- Support for the latest major audio compression schemes for all platforms.
- Optimized support for Ogg Vorbis compression and decompression.
- 3D sound positioning, spatialization and attenuation.
- Multi-channel playback (4.0, 5.1).
- Batch control of pitch, volume, attenuation, Sound Actors, Sound Groups, compression and other parameters.
- Extensive debugging tools to monitor resource usage.
- Visual Sound Cue Editor in UnrealEd for complete control over sounds, sound levels, sequencing, looping, filtering, modulation, pitch shift and randomization.