Real World Physics
Unreal Engine 3’s physics engine is powered by NVIDIA’s PhysX, providing unparalleled control over character movement, dynamic fluid simulation and even soft body physics. Tweak and modify your physics using the Unreal PhAT visual modeling tool. Create destructible worlds and physically simulated cloth and clothing using NVIDIA’s APEX modules, which are tightly integrated into UE3.
Unreal Engine 3 gives weight to all your creations through its state-of-the-art game physics engine powered by NVIDIA’s PhysX system. Intense physics can be visually modeled using Unreal PhAT and destructible environments will immerse your player.
- Unreal PhAT - Visual physics modeling tool built right into UnrealEd. Build and tweak your physics directly with this in-editor.
- Intense Physics - Rigid bodies, soft bodies, elastics, ragdoll characters and dismemberable objects are directly in your control.
- Animation Blending - Combine physics and animations in new ways by blending existing animations together.
- Vehicle Support - Fully integrated vehicle physics support allows you to easily add vehicles, for use by the player or AI, both solo and online.
- Crowd System - Unreal Engine 3’s flocking technology allows you to simulate crowds of hundreds of characters within a scene.
- Destructible Environments - UnrealEd’s fracture tool and NVIDIA’s APEX Destruction both allow you or your player to realistically tear your entire world apart, piece by piece.
- Simulated Clothing - NVIDIA’s APEX Clothing enables you to bring character clothing to life and create immersive ambient cloth effects.