Unreal Engine 3 provides mature tools for creating visually stunning in-game cinematics and cut scenes. Unreal Matinee provides movie director-class control over all of the objects in a scene, as well as cameras and cuts, plus it includes an in-engine, real-time preview feature that plays back all the visual effects of a cinematic.
Unreal Matinee injects film-style scenes into your game, enabling you to place every camera, object and explosion within the world and even play it back in real time.
- Movie director-class control over all of the objects in a scene, as well as cameras and cuts.
- Track-based, non-linear style editing system with support for controlling object movement and animation, playing audio, cutting between cameras, toggling particles, field-of-view and much more.
- Easily created key frames for actors and objects, which can be manipulated directly in-editor.
- Post-processing effects such as fades, depth of field, bloom and color filtering effects can be easily animated and fine-tuned for each camera shot.
- Ability to animate interactive, physical objects in the game such as doors and platforms.
- High resolution frame-dumping allows for saving out pre-rendered source images to create game cinematics that can be played back offline or converted to a standard video format.
- Robust user interface with support for loop ranges, key/time snapping, playback speed controls, color-coded tracks, automatic key reduction, copy/paste and undo/redo.
- Efficient high quality Depth of Field (Direct3D 11 only) with adjustable Bokeh shape.